Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fire, fire

Fire has always been mesmerizing to me. Not in a pyromaniac type of way, but for some reason it takes my thoughts to different levels than they have been.  Maybe that's one of the reasons that so many people have fond memories of camp fires and bon fires.  Conversations happen around fires that may not happen otherwise.

Tonight was one of those times for me.  We had our regular Campaigners Bible study tonight and we decided to move it outside and have a fire in the new fire pit my friend got.  I'm amazed at the depth of thought, the openness and the love that my high school friends showed tonight.

Their insight into life and what God is doing and has done over the last year was a true blessing to me.  I think the fire helped a little, but know that the Spirit was there for sure.

No comments: