Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Here we go again

I've done some dabbling in 1/2 and full marathon running and always seem to get hurt toward the end of my training time or during the actual race.

I've set a goal of a HEALTHY 1/2 marathon. I set my training schedule and only allowed myself to sign up if I completed 100% of my training runs for the first 6 weeks of my 10 week training schedule.

I completed that, healthy none the less, and this Saturday marks the completion of my first healthy 1/2 marathon, right?

I did forget to mention one thing.... I signed up for the Whiskey Row 1/2 Marathon in Prescott, AZ. This is significant because it's considered to be one of the, if not THE, hardest marathons in America. For the 1/2, the race starts at 5,500 ft elevation and the turnaround is at 6,600 ft elevation. That's a lot of elevation change for 6.55 miles.

If you think of it on Saturday, say a little prayer for the race in the morning...that is right after you laugh at me for being so foolish.
:-)

No comments: