Saturday, May 3, 2008

I fought the hills and the hills won....

Today was the Whiskey Row Half Marathon in Prescott, AZ. The elevation change was rolly and went from 5,500 to 6,600 ft elevation.

I thought that the elevation would kick my little behind, but it turns out that the hills beat the elevation to the punch.

I think me being sick and tossing my cookies on Thursday night didn't help me being ready (I didn't have much of an appetite to carbo-load) so I was a bit dissapointed with the time, but I finished without pain.

I took 58/209 men and 9th in my age division. I was only beat by about 25 of the 228 women and I wooped the 12 year old! (something I have not always been able to say)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Congrats!! Sounds like you did great - especially considering the terrain. Maybe one day I'll do another half. Or a whole. But I do not, under any circumstance, foresee doing something with a 1000ft change in elevation.