Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Time is of the essence

In every real estate contract and lease, this line appears buried on the page of "lawyer isms"

I thought about it as I drifted off last night and how, as a Christian, I should take such a phrase to heart. Time is truly of the essence with every relationship you have. Whether someone has placed their trust in Christ as the Lord of their life, or whether they have bitterness toward Christians, the time you spend with them is truly significant.

I think back to time that I've spent with some of my high school friends lately and realize I need to concentrate on the essence of the moment and how I may lift that person up and point them closer to the foot of the cross.

Also, time with my family is of the essence. Too often, I take them for granted as I selfishly watch TV on the couch, rather than realizing I don't have an eternity with them at home and me with a flexible schedule.

That is my prayer, that I would have the wherewithal to realize the essence of every moment.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Good words, brother.

JT