Saturday, February 23, 2008

Surprise, Surprise

A couple weeks ago I was invited to a fundraising dinner for an organization called Amahoro, which strives to empower young leaders in Africa by giving them the tools and connecting them with the resources to strive in their own countries without the west's help. It was an interested dinner, but not a mission that I connected with.

One thing that did happen is that the mayor of Surprise was at the dinner, and I was able to not only meet him, but enjoy a lengthy conversation with him about Surprise and the work that I've done to get YL out there.

He told me of some friends that he knew of that tried to get YL out to Surprise a couple of years ago. He then mentioned the name and the guy who was heading that I've met because I taught his kids my last year of teaching in Surprise.

Seems like a lot of dots are being connected. Please continue to pray. This is fun for me to watch!

No comments: