Sunday, February 17, 2008

Frequency

I read today on a friend's website that I don't update my blog very often. I used to be mentioned as this person's colleger roommate, but sadly I am just a slacker.

This Tuesday marks the second meeting for those intersted in Young Life in Surprise/El Mirage Arizona. This is significant, as for some reason God has placed this area and the fact that they do not have Young Life (but do have 4 high schools) on my heart. About a month ago we had a first meeting and there was a significant amount of positive energy from the event.

Rachelle and I are praying for clear direction in this. We could definately see ourselves moving to Surprise and doing YL as my new occupation, but as of now, no such job exists.

On another note, the fact that I currently hold two "part-time" jobs (neither of which is as part-time as I hope) will be the excuse for a 3 month (to the day, I might add) hiatus from posting on this website.

My "Interim Director of Children's Ministry at Faith Bible Church" job is good, but there is one thing that I must find a solution to; I don't get to go to church or attend adult Sunday School, both highlights of my week. I struggle with this, as I have received very good feedback as to the job that I am doing (both from kids and parents) and there seems to be positive energy. The struggle comes in the fact that although it is perceived that I am good at it, I really don't enjoy it that much. Is that bad?

My heart keeps longing to do more YL work. I pray that's where God is leading our family.

No comments: