Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Crossfit

I've never been much of a health fanatic.  I enjoy running, and enjoy the time with the Lord that it offers me, but have not been able to run since I had surgery on my leg in February, which has made me restless in many ways.

I've noticed myself getting softer around the middle and tried a few diet plans, with very little success, so I decided that the next logical step was to build muscle mass to help burn kcals since I can't run yet (the reason being I don't think I've followed enough PT on it).

Today I started Crossfit at Let's Crossfit, a local guy that lives just around the corner from me.  If you don't know crossfit, it's pretty intense, but I've seen some results in a couple of my co-workers and like the timed/competitive parts of it and the fact that I'm not pushing metal the whole time.

I got a great deal going with Vince, the trainer and even avoided meeting "Pukey the Clown" today.  I'm planning on sticking with this for some time, using this to get me back into a shape besides round and able to run decently again.  Maybe the teens will even stop teasing me about my weight.

Plus, Vince can't be too bad of a guy, he wears Vibrams.

No comments: