Monday, August 20, 2007

Trouble again

Today is Monday, it is the afternoon,


This means a few things:


  1. Rachelle is currently working

  2. I am not (not surprising)

  3. Ryan is sleeping

  4. Kate is at work with Rachelle

  5. I have very few things to make my time productive

I've tirelessly attempted to convince my wife that a Nintendo Wii (with the sports game pack) is appropriate for times such as these (another is scheduled for Wed afternoon), but she seems to be satisfied with the amount of money it takes to have me nap instead of play Wii.


I've tried the youth ministry avenue, pouting, aggression, begging, bribery as well as batting my eyes at her. Nothing seems to crack that shell of hers. I've even suggested that the appropriate time might be oh say this Wed when I celebrate the day of my birth, but I know I only waste air in convincing her of this.


I will keep trying, this I promise you.


On an entirely different note...


This Friday is a big day for us as we head to Yuma to visit. Please pray that if this is where God is calling us, that he would somehow make that very clear to us. I am terribly torn right now and thank God every day that I have the wife that I do, someone that keeps me grounded and sees things that I don't (and vice-versa) in the situations. I am praying earnestly that we would either hear a clear calling or a closed door and that it would not be something in between.


We covet prayers, thanks.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Keith, I understand. I have a lot of time like that too. Currently I'm using the extra time to brush up on my hebrew. Maybe you could learn a foreign language?

Your Friend,
Jeff