Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Good Day

Today was good. It was my birthday and I was gently brought out of my sleep my two floating butterflies and their mommy late into the morning.

OK, that's not how it happened, the kids fought over who got to carry my gift up the stairs to me at 6:30am, so I was already awake when they pummeled me on the bed. :-) Then they proceeded to open my gift for me (I think they were a bit sad to see it was a shirt for me)

I was able to spend time with the kids, who were exceptionally well behaved as we had to wait for over an hour for delivery of some appliances at a listing of mine (I usually can't behave that well) and we spent the day running errands and generally having fun spending time together. My lovely wife also checked in on me more than usual (always a treat) and didn't even look at me cross when she found out that I thought that vaccuming meant just the downstairs (an error that will be corrected before I go work tomorrow).

My in-laws came over this evening and we all enjoyed some cake and ice cream.

My only complaint (besides that my birthday fell on one of Rachelle's work days) was this silly tradition that our family has fallen into about waiting to celebrate Rachelle and I's birthdays together at a date that is usually after her birthday (making my wait over 1 week!). :-) Also, my hope is dimming for the flat screen TV I was anticipating. :-)

Here's a recent cute video of those two kids practicing their Bible memory verses. It's worth spending a few moments (assuming you have high speed internet)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16488316

No comments: