Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kids are hilarious

So these two little gifts from God have been cracking me up lately.

Ryan has turned into a complete chatter box and any drive now includes him pointing out EVERY truck and school bus on our route. This tricky part is figuring out which one is which, as his enunciation has not reached a high level yet.

Kate as well is talking up a storm and sometimes beyond what I think a 3 year old should be saying. Here's a conversation between Daddy and Kate yesterday
"Kate, go get your shoes on, we're leaving for the baseball game. No flip-flops because we are going to do a lot of walking." (2 things to note here, 1 Kate ALWAYS wears flip-flops, 2-we were heading to a DVHS baseball game to see some of my high school Young Life friends)

Kate-"Daddy, I want to wear flip-flops, they are comprable (Comfortable)"

"No, you need to wear your Crocs, we are going to do a lot of walking"

"Daddy, let's discuss this." WHAT 3 year old says, let's discuss this? "How about this, I'll wear my flip-flops to the car and when we get to the ball game, I'll wear my Crocs."

How could I say no? Seemed like a reasonable solution to our problem. Unbelievable.

Then with Rachelle the other day, Kate comes in from another room and says, "OK Mommy, Here's the deal," then proceeds to tell us something that neither of us can now remember because we were laughing so hard.

Man, I love these kids.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Keith,

I'm the first person to comment!! Wahoo!! Nice blog, I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Especially Ry-guy. He was so little when you were in Hilton Head.

Jeff