Friday, February 18, 2011

Getting Better

I've been doing some reading lately and am becoming more and more convinced that if I work less, I will be a better AD and leader in my area.

I've thought a lot about 2010 and the difficulties that made it a year to forget.  One thing that I think sums up was my going back to work after breaking my leg.  I was officially cleared to go back to work by the doctor after 6 weeks.  I took 4 days. 4 DAYS.  As I take a gander back, how rediculous was that?

Now, I don't say that to brag.  Quite the contrary.   What kind of fool thinks so highly of themselves that instead of recovering, they keep pushing and working even though its not in their (or their family's) best interest? This kind.  How foolish I was to think that things would not go on without me.  I look back at the things, the damage that I'm having to repair from that time of pushing and not resting, from thinking that I am the only one that could do it, but in reality it probably would have been better off without me.

A good friend told me recently that his goal in his ministry was to make it so it wouldn't matter if he didn't exist.  This was not said out of some evil plot to work less and still get paid, but out of a desire to have our fellow workers in the ministry so in love with Jesus and having so much desire to share His news with our HS friends, that a staff person wouldn't even be needed.  If this is my desire (which it is) how can I draw people closer to Christ, unless I am drawing myself closer to Christ through His rest and time with Him.

Thank you Lord for clarity.

Please help me and pray for me that this would not be a season but a lifestyle.

No comments: