Friday, October 12, 2007

Finally able to share

The news was about to make me burst, but I can finally let it out.

Today the church is sending out a letter informing the congregation that our Children's Director of 7 years is leaving to pursue her college degree she has wanted all of her life.

If the same letter, the congregation was informed that yours truly will be taking over as the "interim part-time children's director" for the forseeable future, at least until the church can finish the building project.

I am quite excited to take over and help the church in this capacity. This in no way deters me from pursuing a position in Young Life, which is where we still sense God is calling my family.

I'll be starting November 5th and there will be a period of a month or so where we are both on staff.

Thanks for your prayers in this, I am excited to get the experience and use some of my experience to make some positive changes and add some more energy to an already energetic children's program.

No comments: